Saturday, October 31, 2009

How do most people cope with say loss of loved one?

example close friend passes or family member passes away?
Answer:
Coping is a hard thing everyone deals with grief differntly, Sometimes it is easier if you try to think of all the positive things that you remember from this person. dont rush the grief it takes its own time to heal
crying at night. Depression. Over eating, not eating properly. Over sleeping.
Grief counseling or support groups.
My wife passed away 17 years ago, and it took me 2 years to come out of a very deep depression .I was fortunate that I had a great therapist. It is very difficult, and I don't know how I managed to survive this long with out her.
I had the opportunity to say all the things I needed to and to be there when the passing occured. I felt lucky that she would let me there at such a personal time. I did my mourning with her before she died and she was ok with it. I have'nt broke down because of her passing because I believe in spirits and I know she's there and I say hi often. All I can think of is all the funny times there was. I hope I never get boo hooey about it. Maybe being on meds helps me for depression. However I wish you a speedy recovery so you can remember good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net