Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help with anxiety.?

Just wondering if anyone else has severe anxiety, panic attacks, and what do they do you do when your having one. I don't take any meds, because of the anxiety, i just cant. Any help would be appreciated.
Answer:
Hi. I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for most of my life (11+ years now as I'm 23 years old). My best advice to you when you are panicking is this:
if possible, try these things:
-meditate. Sit on the floor or on your bed, cross your legs and breathe deeply in from your mouth and out of your nose. Do this for a while until you feel your breathing slow down and your anxiety lessen.
-excercise. Cardio (atleast 10 minutes) increases endorphines (A hormonal chemical released into your bloodstream that increases feelings of happiness and pleasure and decreases sadness and anxiety)
-take a warm, relaxing bath with scented oils or candles. This always, always helps me
-try to rationalize with yourself what you are upset about, why it bothers you, and that it is NOT the end of the world no matter how bad you feel at the moment. You will have bad times throughout your life, but forget about those and hold onto the good ones!
Well, I have PTSD which is a anxiety disorder. I do have panic attacks, on rare occasion, though. What I do when I first start getting the attack, I hold my breath. I know it will feel like you are killing yourself, but it helps. Good luck! ;)
go to a psychologist, they help with anxiety, and some do prescribe medicine (psychiatrists) although they (psychologists) will usually consult with a psychiatrist if they feel meds are needed. But they use different techniques that help with anxiety and panic attacks ok. Eveything is kept confidential and you'll feel better too.
I call my dad! no matter what time it is. We talk I forget about it, I get tired and sleep real well. Mine got worse with anti-depressants. I quit them and started with a new therapist who is great. He taught me the power of relaxation, meditation and excellent breathing exercises. Just remember you are not alone.
i read up on this once, see after i had a panic attack it scared the life out me. but what i think is that anxiety is adrenaline building up from the age old fight or flight reflex in humans. so if you do start to get one, holding your breath can help, but can also heighten your anxiety as oxygen levels drop which can increase adrenaline. certainly do not try to breath fast. The main thing i did was get up and walk a bout the oxygen and adrenaline produced is getting a use causing the PANIC factor to decrease. if it gets really bad, and your in a situation were you can, RUN, this really helped me out!!
I have panic attacks and I have had them for over a year, my doctor has me on prozac and xanax. Usually when I have a panic attack I will talk to my husband or call my uncle (he has them too). Sometimes I just try really hard to calm down and let it pass, you will not die from them. No one has ever died from a panic attack. If that doesnt work trying doing something that you like doing, try to get your mind off of it. Play a game, dance, listen to some music, or drink some hot tea. If you need anyone to talk to you can talk to me.
Yes I do. Its a chemical imbalance and leaves you feeling totally exhausted and its very scary. It went on for 12 years until I was put on the correct medication. If you can try and concentrate on breathing deeply and if you are hyperventilating breath into a brown paper bag. I would really recommend you take meds. I was given Aropac and to start with Xanor SL. Today I am leading a normal life with no fear. I wish you well and hope you get it sorted. Its debilitating.
I am currently going thru theophostics, its a prayer minstry that involves the holy ghost to heal whatever mentally ills a person. Once healed, a person never has to deal with the pain or mental illness agin or go onmeds ever. www.theophostic.com
Could try meditation, it seems to give a different perspective on situations of how the mind See's and this can lessen the effects of your anxiety but it will take time, also when it happens don't fight it just try and be with it and accept.
I had the same problem. I had anxiety panic attacks for years and couldn't take meds I thought. I first and most important thing is to remember a panic attack CAN NOT KILL YOU. It took me until a christmas 2 yrs ago to go see someone. I couldn't function that my family was so understanding. But i felt terrible that I couldn't even watch my 2 year old son open his gifts. I went to the doctor got a scribe for Lexapro then I got a therapist. After 4 sessions I started the med and it worked wonders. No more panic attacks. I hope you talk to someone and I get help it took me years of panic for no reason.
Try an OTC herb called 5-HTP.. it comes in 50 and 100 mg capsules.. try the lowest dosage first. It mightmake you a bit drowsy and/or dizzy the first time you take it.. take it with food.. its not something that is easy to overdose on as it is a natural compound. What happens is the body takes this compound and converts it to seratonin. Seratonin balances your mood, appetite, and sleep patterns. You will find that you might have to work a little to get the right dosage down.. I found the 50 mg is too strong for me. Ive started breaking it up into half a pill twice a day. they usually come in gelatin capsules. You can take the whole capsule, or break the capsule in half, carefully, and pour the amount you want into some water or other drink. The first day I took it, I started feeling drowsy and slightly dizzy.. after about 30 minutes passed, I overcame the drowsiness and started feeling calmer. I had been having panic attacks that started getting progressively worse, since ive been on this, Ive had less episodes, and have been able to relax, enjoy activities again and feel less jittery and anxious. not to mention less depressed. Take a chance and try it.. just dont go over 100 mg a day. start with the 50 mg.. if you can buy it in a lower mg, try that first. Many sources i read about said that is also good for Fibromyalgia although im not sure about that since I dont suffer from that, only panic attacks and depression.. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net