Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help with possible panic attacks?

I am a long term substitute teacher and I am under a lot of stress. I've only been in this class since the middle of March and have been thrown into a lot of work that I should not be responsible for. I teach special ed so the students have Individualized Education Plans, which should be done throughout the year. Well, the teacher that I'm in for didn't do them when she should have and now I have to complete them. Out of the 15 kids in my class, I have been responsible for 11 of their IEPs, which is unheard of! I've always been a sensitive and conscientious person, but this is pushing me over the edge. I feel overwhelmed and feel like what I'm experiencing could be panic attacks. I am even itchy all over because of my nerves! Does anyone have any suggestions to help me calm down and get through this? I appreciate any ideas. Thanks!
Answer:
I also work in Special Ed, you must ask for help from the Senco in your school the IEPs will require input from other staff in the school and canot be left to you,all i can say to you is step back and do your best you are only Supply and if the last teacher is off with stress then it says it all from the sound of it. It's a tough job and you sound like a very conscientious teacher RELAX Enjoy take one day at a time and make sure you go out for a walk at lunch time ask the other staff for help The students are lucky to have someone who cares as much as you do
EFT can be of definite help to you. Please contact me or view my website, www.tap-it-away.com There is no need to suffer through this any longer.
it sounds like anxiety. but you should ask your doctor about Xanax... it helps alot!! good luck!!
go through your contract and point out that this is not your job to the person. You have to make it clear you do what you have to and will help out but your not there to do all the other persons work. Also remember if the IEP's don't get done that's not your responsibility its the other teachers. Now I know this is a hard one to do but leave the work at school don't bring it into your personal life. once you leave the class room or work time then that's its. From time to time do something for your self that you like to do go out eat dinner, see friends anything that makes you happy.
15 special ed kids in one class !! Absolutely ridiculous! You should have an aide in there with you. As a sub, I would ask for help from the front office. To expect you to do that much work is unconscionable.
The best thing you can do is to go see your Doctor ASAP and explain your situation. There are some medications that could help you enormously. They are prescription drugs ,and you should not self medicate anyway. I went through a similar period in my life and was put on Xanax for a short time, and responded very well. Please don't suffer needlessly. Go get some help now.
Drink more!

or... get some help to learn how to think differently. Do you know that 90% of what we experience is the result of how we *think* about the things that happen around us? Cognitive Behavioral Therapy helps people learn to think differently on a subconscious level.

I had fairly strong anxiety and purchased a self-study course from Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety, and I absolutely LOVED it. It was a HUGE help for me, worth every penny I paid.

http://www.stresscenter.com/cts/21347914...
I think the first step should be to visit your doctor or a psychiatrist. They probably will prescribe you one of those antidepressants or Beta-blockers that can give you relief. However, in my opinion medications cannot treat your panic attacks for good, they are only a temporary fix, though very important ones if your attacks are fierce and regular. If you want to cure your anxiety disorder orr panic attacks effectively then you have to combine the medications with psychotherapy and preferably with natural remedies as well. There are various types of herbs which have a proven curing effect for anxiety and panic attacks. Also, I recommend that you learn some of the so-called coping techniques such as gradual muscle relaxation and breath control.

I hope this helps. All the best for your treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net