Saturday, October 31, 2009

HIV Paranoia worries?

I wondered if other people have thought that they have felt something like a pin prick (e.g. on their lips) after thinking someone they walked past did something to harm them?
Answer:
no soz I have not and I dont think I ever will
i think u are paranoid, this isnt good, if you carry on feeling like that and getting those thoughts you should see a doctor, best of luck
the chances of you contracting HIV on the street just walking around is so minute...(small)...Actually you should be more worried about HepC...But seriously, you are paranoid. Maybe you should see someome before you start refusing to go outside?
This is an irrational fear. I think you need to talk to your GP about this for reassurance and advice. See your doc.
I have suffered from the same sort of thing. It's part of my anxiety disorder. Every single human sometimes has these irrational thoughts but they just brush them aside. Some of us however for some reason can't let them go...kind of having the mind set that...'if I've thought it then it is a valid thought that I must pay attention to' then once you do pay attention to it the more you think about it the more valid and real it seems. I ended up very distressed by these thoughts and they began to make me constantly anxious and took over my life.
Strangely enough HIV was the main souce of my worries too!( I believe now that the reason for that was that it was my worst case scenario. For me it would've meant I was going to die AND I could have given it to someone I love therefore they were going to die. The guilt was horrendous) I REALLY thought I had it (although I never had an answer as to where I may have got it from?!) and that I'd given it to other people. It was a horrible time, the panic was too awful to describe. I was convinced I had it but wouldn't go and get tested cos I was too scared. I then sought help and began taking a low dose of Escitalopram (Antidepressant) whilst having Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This treatment has really helped me. I can now let go of these thoughts much more easily, or challenge them rationally. I discovered that I did this 'worst case scenario thing in other area's of my life too. E.G. I'd think my boyfriend was going to leave me, I thought I was infertile....the list went on!
I really do sympathise with you, it's horrible problem and very difficult for other people to understand. You definitely need to see your GP though, the treatment I had has really worked...it's also helped me in other areas of my life. I'm off the medication now too (I was on it for a year)
Hope this helps a bit.at least you know you're not alone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net