Saturday, October 31, 2009

How can a person recover from a mental disorder?

i wonder is just a trivial thing you know...
Answer:
Depends on the disorder and if it is an organic disorder or situational (life). One can recovery from Depression, anxiety, and many other disorders. One's like Bipolar and Schizophrenia are organic disorders or chemical imbalances, and require long-term medication therapy as well as counseling.
I am a survivor from mental sickness=At first I tried to do it all on my own==after a few years I met a Christian councillor
I put my trust in Jesus and let him help me and have now been away from the mental health clinic for over 2 years after fighting it since 1989=It took me 1 year with Gods help=This is 2007=2 years away =1 year with Gods help SO 2007 take away 1990=17 years on my own 1 year with God=18 in total
my mental problems started as a teen so i am just starting really to enjoy life and I am 60=this is real
People say you can't get over bipolar disorder, but I was diagnosed with it and was put on medication (Lamictal) and I was on that medication for about half a year until I decided I wanted to join the army. Can't join on meds though! So I stopped my medication on my own, and honestly I feel fine. I know the symptoms to look for if I start feeling like I used too, but I've been off of it for atleast 3 months now and I've been doing great, so currently I think it is indeed possible to recover from some things.
I believe if he does really commit. Constant and consistent prayer and meditation can help.
unfortunately there is no fine sure cure and medication can only help control symptoms and treat it but doesnt cure it and therapy can help but once mentally ill always mentally ill can go in remission and then relapse like any other condition

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net