Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hi, everyone. I have a question about my depression?

I've been on Welbutrin since late December and it's done squat for me. I'm thinking that if it hasn't worked yet, it's not going to work because I started out taking it once a day. Now, I'm supposed to take it 3 times a day which I don't because in the morning, I'm groggy enough and I don't think about it. Anyway, even if I did take it 3 times a day, I highly, HIGHLY doubt it would kick in.
The next time I meet up with my doctor is on May 20th. I'm going to tell her that I need something else.

What do you guys think?
P.S. When I was on Lexapro for a couple of days in 2005, that stuff kicked in within a week. I remember it well. I was happier then. Maybe I'll mention that too because I really need something...
Answer:
I was also on Wellbutrin with no success. I am now on Cymbalta and doing fine. I still get a bit down at times, but that's okay with me as I find that to be more normal than not. I don't want to be the happy village idiot. I want to feel lifes ups and its downs. Good luck. Depression is very painful and no one really knows unless they have it.
Just need to try a different antidepressant.
Studies show some work better on some people, and often the second one you try works best.
Man I hope it works out. Just talk to your dr its the best way to go, or maybe 3 or 4, but dont ask here half these twits wouldnt know if there **** was on backwards.
I do not understand why you are still no this med if its not helping you the doctor should change it. you are right there is no point taking something that is not helping you feel any better. Try a different one there is many out there so lots of choice to help you. good luck and hope it goes well with your doctor.
i am not very experienced with this, but ur idea seems like a good one... ur docs will know the best coarse of action that should be taken.
See http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris... on page 2.
You need to find one that works as soon as possible. The first question is do you have chronic depression or is this the first time you have had it. The time i had it i brought it on myself and i made a few life changes and have not suffered since. If yours is chronic see someone fast. Good Luck Buddy hope you get better.
Years ago I was on effexor for 6 months and it worked wonders. But every med works differently on people so you really need to find one that works for you.
I really hope you are having counselling as well, without dealing with the issues, the tablets will to squat other than numb you for a while or give you a high. Work through what it is that's causing the depression, use the meds as help. I'm sure you are aware that many meds can be addictive and you need to wean yourself off them slowly, otherwise the symptoms can return quickly.
Good luck..
Some anti-depressants take weeks, even a couple of months to start working. The fact that you aren't taking it as prescribed isn't helping at all. Since you are not happy with the drug regimen (taking it 3 times a day and all that), you should definitely talk to your doctor about it. Its not going to work if you don't take it properly.
Ask about Zoloft. You can start on 50mg then go up to 100mg %26 then 150mg if you need to but, you only take it once a day with minimal side effects, if any. You WONT feel groggy!
I take Lexapro also. It works the best with me and un like some anti-depresents if you forget to take your Lexapro it doesn't bother you. You do need to mention to your doctor that you took Lexapro in the past and that it helped. Because I took Effexor and it didn't work any and I told me doctor so he put me on Lexapro. So don't be afraid to tell your doctor. Because if the Welbutrin isn't working you need another medicine then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net