Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help! i have taken my driving test 2 times and have failed cuz of nerves.?

i have taken everything thats herbal. any advice would be very helpful. thank you x
Answer:
Keep in your mind the fact that you are in charge of the car not the examiner. In a sense you are in charge of him as well, you have paid for the test so you are the customer, get the most out of him.
If you think you've fluffed something like a manoeuvre ask if you can do it again.
You have got to see the end result prior to the test. Picture yourself acing the test and don't sweat. Tell yourself, it is done even before you get to the dreaded DMV. I also recommend looking at the dimwits that have passed before you and realize that if they can do it, surely you can too!
Also, realize the benefits of passing the thing once and for all. That should be motivational and lastly breathe, breathe, breathe. Try not to let the anxiety get to ya.

Wishing You All the best.
Have you tried the Bach Flower remedy spray - it's a little tiny spray that you spray two squirts onto your tongue (not the throat) just before the event (driving test, interview etc) and it really works. My mum bought me one and I was sceptical but I was so amazed at how I suddenly calmed down!

If not - get loads and loads of practice driving in the couple of weeks before your test - do parallel parking so you could do it in your sleep. This will help your nerves as it will be like a routine. Remember that it might not be your practical skills that are failing you in the test, an examiner will fail you if you are very nervous as if you are that worked up you are not considered safe to be driving. Tackle this one thing, be confident in your abilities and I am positive that you will be fine. Good luck.
Stephani, I passed my test first time when I was 17, Why? Because it really didn;t matter to me if I passed or failed, it was of no importance to me.
What were they going to do if I failed. Chop my head off??
No, nothing and so it didn't matter to me. You won't be executed if you fail, so what are all the nerves about?
Keep calm and just concentrate on what you are doing, the rest is of no significance to you.
Best of luck.
I failed 3 times but then someone told me to take vitamin B complex. A couple of days before my test I started on them and felt much better. Still nervous but I could cope. I also decided that Test number 3 would be my last one way or the other and I just went for it
Be confident and you'll make it! If you don't face it now then it might be too late! Trust in your self! Every one did it! You don't need any herbs or any thing!!....Just your self. Believe in your self! your confidence is there some where. come on you could do it.
it would be better if you can go without taking anything, try listening to relaxation CD and remember that nothing can happen to you that can hurt you. You can always do it again just think of it as a driving lesson and do not worry
Good luck

David
I failed mine 5 times before I passed! I tried deep beathing exercises helped. Some people say Yoga is good too
Bachs "Rescue Remedy" really does help with nerves
My nerves were also shot to hell when I took my on the road drivers test, but a good friend of mine gave me this advice. She said "when the instructor tells you to make a right turn, repeat the instructions out loud (i.e. you want me to make a right turn at this corner, I am approaching the corner with my right turn signal on, I am making a right turn, I have completed my task and made the right turn)." It worked for me and the instructor laughed at my methodology. I did that with every instruction and passed my test on the first go around. The instructor informed me that not only did I repeat his instructions, but I also understood what was expected of me. I hope this helps you. And good luck.
You should not take any medication, other than prescribed, while on your test, all prescribed medication should also be declared to the DVLA.

If you are that anxious driving on your test, are you really ready to go on the road?
i took mine 4 times and failed on the fifth i went to the docs who gave me propanol which i a beta blocker and on that occassion i did pass try it it may work

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net