Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hi guys Im just another 18 year old thats going threw depression any one know how to get rid of it?

Like I said before im depressed and im sick of it im a senior in high school and I just dont know what to do with my self what career to chose and its just hard to choose something when your in depression you feel like crap dont want to do anything you have thoughts that make you not worth living. Deep down inside me depression is tough hits you hard it drains every happieness you have inside, you just want to sit on a sofa untill you just slowly slip away from life, I hate it its like draining your soul out of you enough about how I feel dont worry im not the type of person that would go out and do something crazy so no comments please about that. Now Im really good in computers I was thinking Network Systems Administrator but my mom isnt too happy about that decision now I know its my decision not hers but also I wanted to go for Doctor of Physical Therapy with my brain and stupid depression I dont know if thats going to happen If you have an answer plz tell me on what I should do
Answer:
What's wrong with Network Systems Administrator? They can make a ton of money. The government pays contractors 100k plus. In private industry even more. That profession is booming and gonna continue for years to come as our society grows more and more dependent on computers.

Start getting out with friends, visit family. Don't withdrawal worrying about your ills. Get a hobby, offer to help at a local network provider. Depending on your resources try to visit a psychologist or psychiatrist or school counseling. Just keep up the battle.
I think that you should talk to a therapist. Maybe get on anti depressants, also. But if you don't want to take medicine, at least go talk to someone. It will make you feel better. And you don't have to decide what you want to do with the rest of your life right now. You can go to college and take general classes until you figure out what will make you happy. Good luck :)
HEY=get out of that slump you are in=it's your life and you can become whatever you want to be=as long as it provides enough cash to meet your needs and it makes YOU happy=go for it
I've been there and can sympathize. I'm in my twenties now and my depression comes and goes. I did take Zoloft for a while and it helped - but I'd rather deal on my own. Now, if you feel like your depression is situational, meds might not be a good choice. Either way - talk to someone, preferably a professional. The other thing that helps me is to write. Get it off your chest. Healthy foods and exercise can also make a big difference, but I know how impossible it feels to exercise when you can hardly get out of bed and drag your limbs through another day. You're not alone! Good luck to you...

(and as for a career - choose a general field that interests you and don't commit to one thing yet. Take a variety of classes in college and see what works the best for you)
you poor thing, wish i could help out, i think you need to talk to a professional, i kinda of know what you mean, suffering from depression like that feels like a downward spiral, try to not let it get out of control, i was feeling really low and so bored i was always feeling tearful, i know it sounds mad but ANSWERS has given me something to do in the evenings. may be you should see a doctor for anti depressants.
you follow what ever carer you want, you have got to do what makes you happy, your mum should wish the same for you.
take care xx
I felt like that once, then I joined a gang, got covered in tattoos, got stabbed twice and shot once, and finally learned my lesson. I cant go anywhere anymore, I had to move and start a new life, and it sucked. Now I go to university for BSc and work as a draftsman on the side, and life is alright. I say get a bacholor degree, in anything! IT doesnt matter, because once you get one, its easy to get another and you can pretty much do whatever you want. But dont be depressed, be happy you have a home to live in, and be happy your getting an education. Upgrading isnt cheap.
To help with your depression volunteer your time at your local Senior Citizen Center. Once you start getting involved with people who are much older than you and see how they are coping with
what life has thrown at them you will start feeling better about yourself. If you are interested in
physical therapy then you might want to consider
geriatric therapy. You could talk with any P.T.'s
working at the center. Stop focusing on yourself all the time and try and see the bigger picture.
Begin each day with," Hey, I'm alive!"
It is common for guys your age to go through a period of depression. I, myself have an 18 yr old who's going through the same thing. I mean,look, you're still at the period where you're trying to define who you are and I'm sure you're having thoughts and thinking that you're perverse or something.You should talk with your mom to set up an appointment to see a counselor. It's important to have someone to talk to to figure out why you're going through this depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net