Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hi. I have a friend who was told by someone I know that they think I have a multiple personality disorder...?

I don鈥檛, just because I鈥檓 very curious and my mind moves fast鈥?what should I do? I really want to confront them. They also said they think my friend, whom they told this all to, has a mpd too.
Answer:
Stand up for yourself. Likely, the person who told your friend this didn't plan on you knowing, but even so, tell them how you feel anyways. I know this will be hard, as I know some history here, but good luck and it will be ok. Just, be nice and no accusing and leave your friend out of it as much as possible.
sound like that person has too much free time on their hands if they are trying to diagnose their friends and believe you both have that, id ignore it and go on, everyones entitled to their opinion.
Sounds like this person has a muli-face disorder. Only "two-faced" people do crap like that. Confront her and ask her from where she earned her medical degree.
Simply tell them that MPD is a very rare disorder and, unless they're a medical professional, they have no business going around diagnosing it. The more important thing is probably to let them know this bothered you, so they'll know not to do it again.
There is one thing I remember from my Psychology class.
That is when someone acts a certain way and someone else doesn't understand why they act that way, the person will normally make something up to try to explain why that person acts that way.


Try to explain that you are just a curious person and an intelligent person, and there is no reason for him/her to makes things up. Have them get to know you (how you are) and they shall change their minds.
I agree with "Just Me". That person must have watched Sybil and wants to diagnose everyone now.
the only person who would know if you had multiple personalities is you its your head and you would hear the "others" talking also you would be losing time no one has the right to diagnose you with this disorder other than a qualified mental health professionall that you trust to talk to about the voices and what they are saying
You can always make an appointment with you cities version of Mental Health Mental Retardation office Contact the national chapter of Mental Health Sosciety call the nearest County hospital they'll put you in contact with a good Dr

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net