Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hospital visit not much of a help.?

When I was at school yesterday, I cut myself all over my arms and someone found me and called the cops, and I had to go to the hospital. I came back, my boyfriend made me promise him I wouldn't cut myself. I'm home alone right now for the rest of the night and I'm extremely depressed. I want to cut myself so bad but I promised I wouldn't. What do I do...
Answer:
Its so hard not to do these thing as I myself know all to well, try and do something clean the house anything that could take your mind away from the cutting. also if you have an elastic band or hair bobble put it around your wrist and pull on that instead of cutting your self. depending how bad you are feeling it might help. Its not a promise you can always keep and very hard not to do. If you have someone you can phone then phone them tell them how you are feeling and that you can't stop the thoughts of cutting yourself. I know its hard and that you feel as if they will think things of you but really its for the best. get help now.
take care
Lisa
girl are you emo or something ? dont cut yourself it does not solve depression what you need is someone to talk to cutting yourself or suicide doesn't work
You talk with a therapist and learn to take care of yourself.
You need to not do things that will both scar you and bring you the wrong kind of attention. Then you need to do whatever is necessary to get yourself living a life you're proud of.
I know how your feeling.I've felt the same and cut myself for 4 years.Please stop cutting,i know it easier said than done but i have scars on my arms now that i regret SO much.At the time i dind't care but now i do.You will be the same.You will move on and feel better and if you keep cutting you will have some terrible scars.
Here's some tips to help you i done them and they helped me.

Put a thick elastic band round your wrist,when you want to cut ping it on your arm until you feel a bit of relief.(it hurts really bad but leave's not permanent marks and give's you the same relief)

Hold ice cube's on where you want to cut(it hurts really bad)

Put red food colouring in the ice cube and when you hold them against your skin the red looks like blood.(if that give's you a release)

Hope i've helped you a little bit.I know how hard it is to not cut.They thing's should hopefully help you get through this without scars like me.GOOD LUCK!
Don't cut yourself. When you went to the hospital they should have given you a crisis number to call it you were thinking about hurting yourself. If you have that number call it! If not call the hospital and as the receptionist for a crisis number, you don't have to tell them who you are. I would suggest you get into counseling before this gets to far out of hand. Talk to you parents and ask them if they would make an appointment for you, go to the school nurse or the school councilor. You will be sorry someday if you don't get help now! Do no be ashamed or embarassed, everyone at so point in their lives goes through a tough time that they need a little help with. I am not sure your age, but adolescent years are tough, I wouldn't want to do it again, I am glad I served my tour. You can get through anything, you have to want it and remember you are a bright star in our future. You may not see it now, but you have so much to offer. Don't take that away from yourself our anyone else. Smile, and make that phone call.
The hospital visit should have only been to make sure you were not a danger to yourself in the way of being suicidal. They should have referred you to a ounselor for follow up in dealing with the cutting. There are many people who resort to cutting to help them deal with stress. If you get a counselor who you feel comfortable with they can help you find other more healthy ways of coping. it is good you were able to promise your boyfriend you wouldn't cut but you are going to need more professional help to see you through. If you have insurance or your parents have insurance for you you should call the number on your insurance card for referrals to therapy. otherwise if you dont have insurance I would call one of the crisis centers or a suicide hotline (it is okay to call even if you are not suicidal) for referrals to counselors. Also the United Way has a referral Hotline where they can help you with referrals. You can find the United way near you at Unitedway.org.

Good luck you are not alone in this.
Cutting,for me anyway is temporairly swapping mental pain for physical pain. It also expresses a lot of anger. You need to go to your school counselor or school nurse and stress (in no uncertain terms) that youo need help. Hopitalization is only meant yo stabilize someone. You do not get counseling there. Get some help...the sooner the better.
Good luck.
below is a link that u might find helpfull. you can get over this problem, just hang in there . seeing a counsellor will help. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net