Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help! How can I stop worrying about the past? It hurts me so much.?

I get so extremely sick when I think about what happened to me in the past. When I see the same people from my past, it triggers depression and anxiety. So this has been going on for years. I've been to counselors and psychologist, but it comes back and it is worse than ever. I've tried meditation, running, distract myself with positive things, but the feeling is disabling. Help. I forgive, but so many people are linked to that memory. it's horrifying. Someone please...
Answer:
just know, that the thing that happened to you is not you. You are wonderful and are not defined by 'it'. Forgiveness is all we can do from our end of it. Ideally an apology from those that hurt you is the only thing that may do some good. Unfortunately, people who hurt someone that deeply, either don't accept the responsibility, they don't know they did it, they think they were right to do it or they are so ashamed/proud that they can't admit it now.

I had something happen to my family that was so devastating there are three generations affected. I have realized that there isn't a day that goes buy where the ripples of emotion, cause insecurity shame and fear. I try to be the best person I can, love my family and pray that the truth will be made know. I desperately would like to see an apology from those selfish people who hurt my family soooo bad.
Try writing a letter to those involved and tell them how you feel about everything, whether you send it to them or not is strictly up to you. Just know, I did that, and the true can hurt some people, so be warned if you decide to send it to them.
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a dream
so you can only live for today and make the best out it you can.

Smile away your troubles and be happy.
use this technique which helps reduce your thinking about the past. before you sleep write on a piece of paper all what bad feelings you have and go sleep and see the difference when you wake up.
sounds like you went through something terriby horrifying ,,,sorry to hear that,,,and if you've been to all that counseling,,,hmmm,not sure how much of anything i could say would help.but,,,when i was a kid i heard something that made all the sense in the world to me...THE SERENITY PRAYER...i added to it,and shortened it(if that makes any sense).... Look forward,not back,,,change what you can,accept what can't change,have wisdom to know the difference.. ... whether this helps or not,i hope you learn some way to deal with your past.,,,take care...
This sounds a lot like post tramatic stress syndrome. PLease go to a professional who deals with this so you can work on your past and resolve these issues. You are correct, it does not go away on its own and it is always there forever haunting you. I am so sorry this is hapenine to you. Sometimes a professional can prescibe a sedative to help you through the anxiety . It does take the edge off and you will feel calmer .Best wishes to you !
change your focus, your people from the past, you mind is keeping all the details up close. So you can not forget, your still hurting, still living in the past, you can not go forward, until you find a way to let go.
Some things that help me, when I see people who can send me into depression, and anxiety, I refuse to allow it happen. I close the door in my mind of the thoughts connected to that person, I see a door, "my front door, and slam it in my head, I say no more, that door is closed, I will never remember it again", I don't. some people tell you to find closer, well this brings so much closer, I have moved forward. All you can do is try. Good luck
talk to me dogmicjoe@yahoo.com. i can help you out

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net