Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help, plz, I dont know what to do...!!!!!!!!...?

I auditioned for Peter Pan recently and found out I didnt even make it to call backs, that has never happened to me befor I have allways gotten into call backs, if there were any, all three of the other people I auditioned with got in, my three friends, and I have been really looking forward to it, now I have nothing to do for many many many many months, when I am not in theatre/out of school activities, I feel really useless and it makes me depressed, last time I wasnt in anything I started cutting myself and making extra drama in my life. I feel really useless when I cant do anything. Is there something wrong with me? what should I do?
Should I distract myself with something?
Oh yeah, my friends got through to call backs, not sure if they are in or not, but that dont make me feel great.
Heaps of people have said I am WAY more talented than them and I am not upset or jealous of or with them. I just dont want to feel the low I did last time. help?
Answer:
You need to talk to someone, preferably a professional counsellor. YOU ARE NOT CRAZY! You do, however, have some things running through your head that you need to get out. A professional will work with you to get those things out and learn ways to deal with whatever you are feeling. That is the secret...learning how to deal with it. Everyone has their "stuff"; the well-adjusted just know what to do with it.
Good luck!
There is nothing wrong with you. Just because you didn't get in this time doesn't mean that is something wrong with you. Do you know how many auditions and hurdles stars on TV had to go through to get where they are now? many, many obstacles. Don't ever give up, let it make you stronger.
God has something better in store for you.
For many, many, many months absolutely nothing, eh? How about joining the Peace Corps?
Well...one of my friends is into theatre. Just a couple of weeks ago she tried out for a play but didn't get in. She was really depressed at first but then she got over. How, you may ask? Well, she asked if she could be music assistant or stage assistant. She got to make the sound effects and things like that. I know it's not as good as being in the play, but you are still around your friends and be part of the play kinda. Oh, and you're not useless. Everyone has a purpose in life no matter how small. So please please please don't cut yourself.
You need to talk to either a friend, help line, doctor or someone you trust. You need realize that you wont make every call back and that show biz is tough. Even great actors like Grey's anatomy cast dont make every callback. you should take up writing, running, dancing or something to get rid of the depression. Take a nice bath and pamper yourself with a maussage or facial or getting the nails done. Go shopping or somehing. Start fresh and dont let one small audition make you lose yourself. You wont make a lot of auditions for stupid reasons...just dont flip out because of it. BREATHE, MEDITATE AND WATCH A MOVIE OR GO PARTYING. I would recommend your watching THE SECRET%26gt; its a great motivator.
There is reason you did not get a call back. When a door closes a window opens. Cutting yourself is a lot deeper than just being a little depressed. You hold your feelings in and take negative responsibility to harsh even if it belongs to others. If you do find yourself to the point you are even thinking about cutting yourself you need to speak w/ a doctor.
Try doing something that will change you whole outlook on life. Work at a children's hospital volunteer@ an assisted living facility. Seeing these things might remind you just how great you are. When you apply yourself you can do anything. Just remember in show biz every big star has that told you so story. Ask yourself is this your told you so story or will you let people change who you really are just because you don't share the same point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net