Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hi All. Does Wellbutrin slow down your metabolism?

I started Wellbutrin almost four months ago, to quit smoking, a multi vitamin and a calcium supplement. Almost three months ago I started this low carb diet and doing pilates. I have not lost a pound, and I usually lose weight pretty quickly.
Answer:
Hi. I take it for AHDH. I found that initially I dropped 5 lbs real quick and then just stayed there.
My doctor told me that in most cases, people will lose weight or stay the same.
Every body is different, maybe your body is just busy adjusting to medicine and exercise and a new diet all at once?
It sounds like you're taking good care of yourself, good luck!
nope. it made me lose weight. i took it for depression but it made me lose weight.
Like Zoloft, Paxil, and other antidepressants, Wellbutrin absolutely does slow your metabolism. I took Zoloft and gained about 25 pounds in a month! I wasn't eating more and I continued to exercise. It was extremely frustrating. My doctor insisted that it wasn't from the Zoloft. It took me a few years after I stopped the Zoloft to lose the weight, and I had always been thin with a fast metabolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net