Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can I fix my paranoid quality?

When listening to people or observing their attitude toward me, I just read too much out of them and often make exaggerated assumptions about their motives. This makes me angry at even little things, and restrain me from opening with all people.
Answer:
You're not being paranoid.
Realize how narcissistic everyone else is; people are not going to spend all of their energy focusing on you, they are too wound up in themselves, kind of like you.
Understand that only a handful of people in your life care about your existence. If you died today, I wouldn't give a fu%26lt;k and neither would the rest of the world. Being paranoid is ridiculous. Get over yourself.
Most people are concerned with themselves 24/7, they are not focusing on you. Someone told me that once. Also remember, the world doesn't revolve around you. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just reality. Then there's always counseling.
First thing - if you smoke marijuana - try quitting it for a while and see if the symptoms persist. It's not an urban legend, it DOES make you paranoid.

If you don't smoke marijuana or the symptoms don't lessen after withdrawl, then consider seeing a psychologist or another mental health professional. Paranoia can affect you profoundly and it will affect your relationships with others in a negative fashion. The trick is to be able to trust the mental health professional - paranoia can be very hard to treat due to the lack of trust - how can you trust anyone if you think they have a hidden agenda, for example?

But that's up to you, not to me. If I were you, I'd try and get some help and if only at that one time, try and trust the best I could. I know it would be hard for you, but eyes on the prize: mental health and some measure of peace from your paranoia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net