Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can i adjust and deal with my parents ?

I'm about to turn 18 yrs old in about two months. My relationship with my parents isn't so good. We argue way to freaking much. I have issues with watching and decreasing my tone with them during harsh arguments. I also have too much confusion, i have a thyroid gland problem which rises my adrenaline really quickly when i get upset so i can get angry really quickly, and i keep having thoughts of just giving up. My father is an "over achiever" aka he has too many expectations from me which i cannot seem to take on all at once and it builds too much pressure and stress into my mind and body. My mother is not as pressuring as my father, but she can really push me to my limits. She tends to act over sophisticated. Both folks won't give me my own personal space. I've hit depression this year and did some really foolish mistakes, and now both folks are tremendously making me feel confused and angry everytime i'm in the household. Why is it that parents pressuire teens to much ??
Answer:
If it weren't for your parents pushing you to achieve, you would still be in diapers eating with your fingers. Up until now, you've had a free ride, with your parents job being to prepare you for a productive and hopefully happy life. If that's not pressure for them, then I don't know what is. If you turn out to make poor decisions and end up miserable, they are the people you are going to lay it all back on. If you actually do manage to accomplish something, it's not likely you will give them much credit either. Perhaps it's not so much your parents pushing as it is a combination of their panic and your over-reaction. They realize that once you turn 18, it's all on your dime. There is nothing they can do to fish you out of a stinky problem, no matter what they might like to do. It's fish or cut bait time, and they happen to know where a good many sharks swim. You on the other hand, may not recognize the shark until after it's bitten off part of your posterior. Perhaps if you all could try talking this out like humans and resisting the urge to resort to a blaming screamfest, you could work this all out. All sides could see the valid points being made without somebody having to be wrong. At the very least, you might consider that for all the errors your parents are making, they at least err out of love for you. When you get out in the world, you are going to discover there are people out there who don't give two hoots about you or your thryroid problem, who will gladly push your buttons for fun. They won't care what happens to you, one way or the other. They will do nothing for you out of love, most will be in in only for what they can get from you. The boss only wants your labor, a good many guys will just want whats in your pants. The professors at college just want you to do the work, come to class and take the tests. They will happily flunk you, without a second thought. Your boss will fire you without worrying about the damage to your sensitive psychie. So I'd tone it down on the blame the parents line, and start thinking about acting like the adult you very nearly are.
first of all it might not be your parents. i have a thyroid disease and i go bananas at time. but i did get some meds from the dr. to control it. before the meds. i was confuse and really angry all the time. i hope it can work for u
I know you already know this, but they just want what's best for you.

You may have factors that contribute to your stress, but keep in mind that it's all a mental game you play on yourself. Stress just wears your mind down which can manifest itself physically. Basically, when you feel yourself reaching the boiling point, leave the room, take a walk, go do something else and calm down. It's only harming yourself.
You could also try talking calmly with your parents about how they make you feel. If you've tried this already and it doesn't work, you may just need to get out of that situation.
If you're going away to college, that may help. Otherwise save up and move out. If your parents simply won't stop treating you like that, I really can't think of another solution.

Good luck!
Meditate and pray for everything to be allright. Keep quiet when they fight. Ignore but do as much as you can that they want you to do.
Good luck outta your depression Consult a psychiatrist
yes they are too strict. get a job and get out but while your working up to that read the book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne it may help you! Goodluck!
Well in two months you can walk down the road and sleep wherever you end up. After you sleep outside and swat bugs all night for a time maybe you will see why they want you to get right. Sometimes you have to see what its like on the other side of that door. I got the boot at 18 and never let back in the door that was 22 years ago.I should have listened and stayed in school. The way I choose was a rough one. and its still rough.The reason they seem strict is because they really love you and dont want to see you screw up. Go to school get the degree, stay clean, dont drink , or smoke go to church and your life will be better than most.
You know I understand fully b/c I have a 17 yr old and I push sometimes b/c I really don't want to see him make bad decision in life.

Although my husband is Military and we do have structure in the home but not wear its over the top.

Sounds like your parents are just getting you ready for life and we as parents sometimes over do it b/c we care and LOVE y'all too much.

You know go to your parents and let them know that things are bothering you but be respectful with your mouth and tell them what you want and also let them know you have alot of confusion going on inside you.

Perhaps planned a dinner with your family and let them know what it is you want outta life. And let them know that what goals you have for yourself.

Another thing if you do something stupid MAN-UP to it and take responsibility for your action.

Good Luck and Happy Early BDay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net