Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can I ask for help I suffer with depression and am going through a rough patch at the moment?

Please help me to get the help I need I constantly feel like killing myself and I regularly self harm I just want the bad thoughts and the voices that come out the tele, radio and computer to go away
Answer:
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! I really feel for you i have been in the same place as you, as have alot of other people. Just keep talking as long as you keep your voice you are on the path. Speak to family, friends, doctor, even your local church. You wont be turned away or looked down on. There are so many places you can go for help and support. Please vist or call mind they have been invaluable to myself and my family. We will listen no matter how daft or down you may feel. I found writing drawing scribberling and shouting in a pillow help full when it all became to much. All of my love and thoughts and wishes are with you.
There is help out there, it may be a long road to recovery but you will get there, I promise you. Go to your Doctor tomorrow and talk to him, he can refer you to a counsellor. You must talk to someone OK? Please don't go through this alone, I have been where you are now and I came through it, you can too.

Good luck
You know about three weeks ago I was asking the same type of question. Finaly I talked to my shrink and said "I need to be put on something, i can't go on like this I'm tired of feeling horrible." I was then put on 300mg Wellbutrin XL and Ambein CL so I could sleep. and It has and is working, I still have low moments but not as bad and drastic. so talk to any of your doctors, they are there to help.
it seems you've made the first step already by asking for help here. take the next and ask someone more qualified to deal with this. talk to family or friends and people you trust. theres loads of support available to you out there. dont stop now. hope it all goes well.
please get help from the psychiatrist, take medications to
be out of the agony .
Advice from my personal experience of 20 years battling
with bipolar depression .
seek help early , to get heal early .
See depression, self harm %26 suicidal thoughts at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris... on pages 2, 4, %26 5.
Depression is often under valued. I guess you have to suffer with it to actually know how bad it can be. I have suffered and still do off and on. You need to try and stay focused and remember that you are not thinking properly, everything is kind of outside the normal box. I know how hard it is to break the cycle and to climb back up, but you can do it.
I also find that when I am feeling low if I force myself to do stuff like the gym or going out just for a walk it helps.
Talk with your Dr, your freinds people around you tell them how you really feel, people will help. You can always e-mail me if you feel you cant talk to so one you know.
Take care and hope you start to feel better soon.
poor you - i have been through suicidal feelings too. Apart from supporting you with a listening ear, we on here can't do much. Badger your GP to get you some help - tell him/her exactly how you feel. Meanwhile, be gentle with yourself, and try do do one small thing at a time. If the TV offends, turn it off, ditto the radio. Good luck
Awwwww please dont suffer alone talk to your doctor I know everyone says it but I didnt at first it took me 4 years to get there (17 now) im suffering with depression and know how it feels if you need any one to talk to just email me ok.. but till then go sit outside or go for a nice walk, or just sit in the tub for a while no razors etc and let your mind close down for a while it really can really help :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net