Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can I face my mother??

I'm 20 years old and I have something like agoraphobia and emotional disorder,so I moved back to my mothers home because I was getting crazy.
Now that I live with my family (mother,half brother and step father who's nones real father) I'm staying all the time in my room and don't bother anyone but my mother insists to talk to me like I am a sick person and I really hate this. Basically I don't want her to talk to me at all and so I used to shout at her or to ignore her but she just can't understand! What can I do?
Answer:
Give her some literature on your disorder that explains your desire to be alone and not bothered. Maybe that will help.
Well, basically you are a sick person. You need help for your problem. Agoraphobia is a real problem and you need to start counseling immediately. Your mom loves you and wants to help you. By talking to you she is trying to ease you into a social status even it means starting to socialize with just one person at a time. Seek professional counseling immediately this is not only ruining your life, but the lives of those who love you.
Maybe she care about you.
How about getting professional help.
Take mom along so she can understand too.
you need to have respect for your mother %26 stop being such a little snot-face. Your mom cares about you %26 is concerned for your well being. If you have a problen with the way she talks to you then tell her, respectfully, like you would any human being. Do not shout at or ignore her. If you continue to do so then you're an ungrateful little brat %26 she should kick you out of the house!
You shouldn't shut out your mother. Allow her to help you. Or else, why bother to move back home if you don't want anything to do with her?
You need to seek help. Find a mental health professional in your area and work through your emotional and mental issues.

I am not saying this to hurt only to help. Get the help you need now before you put too many layers between yourself and those who wish to help you.

Good luck. Seek help today.

KK
Well your mother is concerned about you like any good mother would be. She may want to make sure you are not a threat to yourself or anyone else. Does she think you are sucidual. You can talk to her about it when the both of you are calm, and try not to be mean to her. Trying being her for a minute, if it was the other way around how would you feel and how would you react. It is also commendable that she is allowing you to live in her house, she could just allow you to be admitted into a psyche ward, and allow you to be medicated and lost to the system. Give your mom some slack, talk to her but be gentle and sensitive. She is your mother, she is human just like you are and she also has feelings as well. Think about her feelings and her wishes, and think about how you want her to relate and react to you, and try to consider her feelings about this, and talk to her gently. If you think you will shout, get a mature adult that will not be bias, and maybe they can serve as a mediator.


Good Luck
It sounds like your mom is trying to help you. If you don't want to change, that would be annoying. Shouting at her or ignoring her is rude. You're 20, so she doesn't really have an obligation to give you a room.

It sounds like you need to get some help. That can be frightening, but it's not going to go away on it's own. You can't expect to stay holed up at your mother's forever. You have to deal with it sooner or later. You need to go see a doctor and be referred to a counselor. Some of your problem may be a chemical imbalance. If that's the case, medication could help you. Why don't you ask your mother to help you make a doctor's appointment? It would be a step in the right direction and it would probably ease your mother's mind. No doubt she's worried about you. Get help. Life is too short to spend it being uncomfortable when you don't have to. Good luck.
For anyone who hasn't been in this situation, it is natural to resent help. Of course your mother doesn't understand and you should sit down with her and tell her how you're feeling. This will prevent conflict in the future. For those who have insulted him, nice compassion there - I hope someone is as thoughtful when you're not feeling great. Agoraphobia can't be fully understood by someone who hasn't been there and I know how awful it can feel.
Panic attacks are quite prevalent in imagining the worst scenario. Of course your are frightened. Fear is really anger. Forgive yourself and others. I hope you're family knows about your situation and is supporting you. Get out of that room and go outside for a few minutes. Enjoy the nature God has given us. When you get more Vitimin D from the sun, you will feel much better. Start when you do feel better by walking a little distance from home. Get a cassett playing and listen to your favorite music but not wired music that can hurt you.
God bless you and please try.
I used to stay all the time in my room when I was 20. My stepdad literally grabbed me and tossed me out the front door. He said don't come back until you get a job. I walked 5 miles and came back with a small job. That led me to biking to work every day. Then, when I had $1500 saved, I bought a 1979 Firebird. I found weights that somebody was throwing out. I took them home and used them. I read about vitamins and minerals. Then I got a cheap apartment... and life went on.
sit her down and talk to her and explain it to her. Or write it in a letter and give it to her. Even if it hurts. THe truth hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net