Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can I change from effexor to prozac?

I'm leaving the country and I finish my effexor pills I can't get more refill because I'll be out of the country for a while..I have a whole month of Prozac pills and I wonder if I can change from effexor to prozac ..I used to take prozac before with good result and my Dr change to Effexor because I was getting them for free.. now My question is Can I start taking prozac (20mg) which I was taking before since I finish Effexor (75mg)??
I don't want to go for a long time without medicine since I get panic attacks.. I need your help! I won't see a DR until probably a month from now when I get insurance there...
Answer:
In a case like this you need to talk to your doctor. You can't just switch them from one to the other without a doctor's approval anyway. If you have Prozac already, I wouldn't recommend stopping the Effexor and starting the Prozac again without at least talking to a doctor or pharmacist. Just call your local pharmacy and explain your situation. The pharmacist will be glad to give you some advice.
You should talk to your current doctor ASAP and see if you can get enough samples of Effexor to get you through until you get a new doctor. It's not safe to switch drugs on your own like that, especially that abruptly. Effexor can have wicked withdrawl symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How can I © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net